St. Petersburg (February 25, 2022) – INDYCAR and Motorsport Community now introduced the essential findings of the 2022 World wide INDYCAR Admirer Study. Introduced in January, the International INDYCAR Supporter Study was commissioned by INDYCAR, hosted by Motorsport Network, and analyzed by Nielsen Sports activities, the world information and facts, knowledge, and measurement specialists. Done in 11 languages across the Motorsport.com system and acquiring feedback from over 53,000 enthusiasts in 147 international locations, the study exposed that INDYCAR has preserved a faithful and approving fanbase when escalating its ranks amid more youthful and a lot more diverse demographics in current a long time.
Unsurprisingly, while the U.S. comprised 56% of the study responses, the best 5 nations around the world also provided France, the U.K., Japan, and Canada, suggesting advancement in curiosity internationally for the NTT INDYCAR Sequence. This advancement displays an increasing and much more varied viewers, highlighted by 37% of respondents below 35 several years of age and 12.2% of respondents figuring out as feminine. This is the second-best female participation rate for a survey fielded by Motorsport Community of a international racing collection.
“INDYCAR is increasing – at a historic and swift tempo,” reported Mark Miles, President, and CEO of Penske Entertainment Corporation. “Our products is seen as aggressive and thrilling, and just as we’ve captivated new and talented drivers to our subject, we have also noticed admirable results in attracting new devotees to our ranks. As we embark on a consequential and marquee yr for INDYCAR, we’re enormously encouraged by the image the World INDYCAR Enthusiast Study gives and continue to be assured that the foreseeable future is dazzling for the NTT INDYCAR Collection and its stars.”
In general admirer approval of the racing products is pretty high. INDYCAR’s leading 5 attributes, as mirrored by the study, are: “competitive,” “exciting,” “entertaining,” “growing” and “dangerous,” with over 80% of the respondents viewing INDYCAR as “competitive.”
Results from the Motorsport Network INDYCAR Worldwide Supporter Study indicate supporters want to check out races dwell, predominantly on Television. Most INDYCAR people are now seeing races via a blend of cable and streaming platforms, with the latter now surpassing no cost-to-air viewing. Paywalls remain a issue of some admirers in particular markets, perhaps decreasing accessibility to are living races. Social media has turn out to be the main platform for non-race weekend material for all admirers and the main source of all INDYCAR material for people between the underneath-35 set.
Based mostly on study respondents, esports are more and more pertinent to INDYCAR lovers, with virtually fifty percent partaking in gaming weekly. This range rises to 85% amongst 16-24-12 months-olds and 70% among the 25-34-year-olds, suggesting a robust audience for the approaching release of an INDYCAR-centric movie sport title.
“It has been fascinating to work on this biggest-ever World-wide INDYCAR Fan study and the inescapable conclusion is that admirers consider that INDYCAR is a sequence on its way up,” explained James Allen, President of Motorsport Network. “INDYCAR is the pre-eminent single-seater racing championship in North The us, but it has lengthy experienced a pursuing in other continents because of to well known global motorists racing there. Right now, the intercontinental make-up of the grid is reflected in the survey findings, with a strong geographical distribute outside the house of North The usa. Though the series has its loyal followers in the older age teams, particularly in the U.S., INDYCAR will be studying carefully the info on its new, youthful, and feminine enthusiasts internationally. Thanks to the net and social media offering quick entry to loaded content material, any individual anywhere can turn out to be an INDYCAR supporter these days. And gaming and esports are clearly likely to participate in a important function in the foreseeable future. It will be interesting to see how the tendencies produce more than the subsequent few several years.”
In spite of the COVID pandemic, there is still a powerful drive to show up at races dwell. Around 80% of respondents expressed the need to attend a race dwell, when almost 50% of respondents indicated that they have attended a race dwell in the earlier 5 a long time. One of the greatest variables cited as preventing live race attendance is the inability to show up at a neighborhood race for followers, particularly outside the house North The usa.
From an ecological standpoint, youthful supporters put increased value on environmentally friendly initiatives in motorsport, and whilst most were satisfied with what INDYCAR is carrying out to be greener, about 20% of female supporters believe INDYCAR ought to be undertaking much more on the sustainability front.
“Off the back of the good results of the System A person lover survey, it has been a pleasure to be included in an additional world-wide motorsport survey with Motorsport Community. Our partnership not only delivers exciting insight on numerous motorsport disciplines but also actionable fan views that can enable a sequence expand and evolve in a way that appeals to fans old and new. I appear ahead to managing our upcoming study with Motorsport Community to unearth far more insightful views from our huge world wide motorsport lover base,” claimed Nigel Geach, Senior Vice President, World Motorsport, Nielsen Sporting activities.
The survey findings were being revealed at the opening round of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR Series year right now and bundled the size and demographics of the sport’s audience, supporter disposition and attitudes to the sport, their affinity for INDYCAR races, groups, motorists, and their use of racing as distant and dwell audiences.
Supplemental crucial results from the 2022 INDYCAR World wide Lover Study consist of:
Venues and Competitors
- The prime 5 most crucial races for followers are the Indianapolis 500, Extended Beach, Street The united states, Laguna Seca, and St. Petersburg.
- INDYCAR supporters are delighted with the blend of tracks (avenue, highway & oval) and believe that they provide the greatest exam of a driver’s expertise, and they also truly feel the activity is healthier now than 3 years back, that includes the right balance of sport and amusement.
- For the upcoming enthusiasts want INDYCAR to:
- Function several suppliers in critical class regions
- Keep the Indy 500 as a double points party
- Decrease stewarding interference and allow motorists race
- Control team running charges and prioritize close racing about technological innovation
- Admirers are strongly in opposition to altering race formats and display minor hunger for qualifying modifications.
Prime Groups, Drivers, and Races
- Virtually 80% of lovers help a number of Groups and Drivers.
- Youthful admirers aged under 24 are much more possible to comply with a single driver.
- Enthusiasts in South and Central The us and Asia-Pacific are additional than twice as very likely to abide by a favored driver.
- Workforce Penske was voted as the overall preferred workforce with 19% of votes, followed by Andretti Autosport and Arrow McLaren SP, who had been tied at second, each with 17% of votes, to spherical out the prime 3 groups.
- Romain Grosjean was voted the survey’s most well-known INDYCAR driver with 32% of fans inserting him in their Top 3 and nearly 12% of lovers position him their favored driver. Pato O’Ward was second with a especially substantial young lover voting and voted amount 1 by feminine supporters. The third was Helio Castroneves, adopted by Scott Dixon. Alexander Rossi was the best-ranked U.S. driver who was voted fifth general.
- The top rated 5 most attended races are the Indianapolis 500 (58.8%), Indianapolis Road System (31.3%), Mid Ohio (19.%), Street The united states (16.8%), and St. Petersburg (15.%)
For the finish survey, you can obtain the PDF https://world-wide-indycar-lover-survey-2022.motorsport.com.